Mites feed on human spilled skin cells, hair, dandruff and other organic substances. Mites live in household items such as beds, pillows, quilts, carpets and furniture.
The body wastes of house dust mites, especially feces, are allergen. These feces dry out and eventually turn into a fine dust. When this fine dust is inhaled, it causes complaints in allergic persons.
In case of inhalation of mites and allergens causing allergies, symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as itching, nasal flow, nasal congestion, sneezing, itching in the eyes, watering of eyes, eye redness and swelling may be occurred. In asthmatic patients, asthma attacks (such as cough, wheeze, difficulty in breathing) may be triggered.